Business Ribbon Cuttings in Vancouver, WAOur ribbon cutting ceremonies are a benefit included in your Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce membership. It is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new business, an anniversary event, the invitation to the newly renovated location, or a tour of the recently rebranded business. It can inaugurate a business’s first day of business, or it can take place weeks after the business’s soft opening. The Chamber also considers ribbon cutting requests for renovation/expansion and anniversary celebrations or product launches. Just about any business-related activity you would like to let the community know about. Let us know approximately 2 weeks before your requested date so our team can make the proper arrangements and ensure your celebration's marketing is getting the best visibility.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HOSTING A RIBBON CUTTING CELEBRATION?
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’s history, this is also a great photo opportunity. Each business chooses the group of people they want assembled for their photos. Furthermore, the ribbon cutting ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Each Chamber ribbon cutting event will have a dedicated spot in the bi-monthly business digital and print publication, VISION, available here. For Platinum celebrations, these businesses will receive a half-page feature, as well as a press release inviting to the event elected officials, community stakeholders, in addition to the SW Washington business community.
Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. This is also a great opportunity to educate the Chamber members who are attending the ribbon cutting about what their business does.WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR YOUR RIBBON CUTTING?We ask you to carefully consider:
Attending a Ribbon Cutting - View Upcoming Ribbon Cuttings Here!All members and future members are welcome to attend Chamber Ribbon Cuttings! These events are community celebrations, and are at no-cost to attendees. Depending on the host and celebration, guests will often be treated to refreshments and snacks while mingling with team-members and community stakeholders at the Chamber member's location. If you're not currently a Chamber member and would like to host one of your own, please learn more about joining Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce through our membership page or by contacting us at email@example.com or 360.567.1089.
CUTTING OF THE RIBBON: WHO will cut the ribbon? The owners or top executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
GET CREATIVE: Add photobooth props, fun signs, poses, backgrounds, and even your own products to make your photo stand out from the rest!
WHERE TO HOLD THE RIBBON CUTTING: The most common location is the main entrance of the building, but it can also be stretched across another important location within the business, especially during inclement weather.
YOUR REMARKS OR SPEECH: This is typically done after the Chamber representative has gathered the group’s attention and introduced you as the host, prior to the ribbon cutting. You can thank those who helped along the process, how you came about owning/updating/moving, and share any specials or upcoming events. Please limit your speech to 3 minutes.
SPECIAL INVITATIONS: You may wish to extend an invitation to your customers or other special guests.
BENEFITS OF HOSTING A RIBBON CUTTING:"BASIC LEVEL" Ribbon Cutting benefits | Included with Your Chamber Membership
- Dedicated event post on the GVCC's Event Calendar on VancouverUSA.com
- Add your logo and company link to the event post
- Event post will be featured on the Chamber's homepage event ticker
- Highlight your Ribbon Cutting in our weekly eNewsletter: Business Matters
- One post on social media about your upcoming ribbon cutting event
- One post on social media showcasing event photos
- Photo of event in next VISION Magazine
- Ribbon cutting photo file for self-printing
- Attendance of GVCC staff members, volunteers, along with the ribbon, scissors, and official photo
"PLATINUM LEVEL" Ribbon Cutting benefits | Upgraded Option
- Includes "Basic Level" Benefits PLUS
- ***Dedicated homepage slider featuring your event (as soon as booked)
- ***Premier, half-page photo in the Chamber's digital and print publication, VISION Magazine post-event
- Email invitation to the Vancouver Mayor and City Council, Clark County Commissioners, and other dignitaries on behalf of the Chamber's CEO, John McDonagh
- Pending schedules, attendance of CEO, Vice President, and Board Members of the Chamber
- Provide a Press Release to area media one week prior to ribbon cutting celebration
- Four posts on social media before event (up to one per week, two final week)