On your mark, get set, post!
With the assistance from our community, the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce will award four small businesses with four separate grants of $2,000 each. For the annual Small Business Hashtag Contest, all GVCC members who employ 25 Full-Time Employees or fewer participate at no cost. Starting November 1, 2019, those qualifying businesses and organizations are encouraged to use #ChamberSmallBiz in any social media post that describes what your business or organization does best!
Participating members can encourage friends, family, customers, clients, and social media followers to post about the qualifying contestant using their own personal or professional pages by using #ChamberSmallBiz and setting the post to public.
On November 30, 2019, all hashtags will be gathered from Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. These posts that used the hashtags will then be given to our Board to decide which four posts featured the most heart-felt, motivational, and supportive recognition of our qualifying members.
The four contest winners will be announced at the December 18th Leads & Needs event at Beaches, sponsored by Columbia Credit Union.
Just think – it’s a free opportunity to promote your business! Social media is a fantastic tool for large and small businesses alike. With the addition of a supportive community and Chamber behind you, your business will have a further reach leading to new engagement from potential customers and clients.
Previous grant recipients have utilized this program to:
- Connect with former clients. To check-in with their services and ask what their favorite aspects have been.
- Engage employees! By requesting employees to post about the business, their followers will get to know first-hand what their experience has been like.
- Use it as a thank you to the business’ social media followers – even offering an exclusive promotion or deal for those that follow.
- Open the door for testimonials by friends or family, commenting on the hard work that often goes unnoticed behind the scenes.
- Boost visibility online!
- Introduce new services, or highlight your company’s specialties/expertise.
- Recognize other members. We know that your business deserves one of the $2,000 grants, but consider nominating a fellow GVCC member who has had an impact on you.
Below are online graphics and printable materials your business can use to market the hashtag competition. Although optional, they can save your business a lot of time with the campaigning - all you need to do is download and post! TIP: To boost your business’ engagement, stand-out graphics that reflect your company’s brand and message.
Printed Materials for Members:
We want to make sure your campaign is successful! Utilize these printed pages (.pdf format) in-person at your office, store, or reception area, ensuring customers and clients have a chance to participate.
- 5”x7” Postcards: Use these at your check-out, in shopping bags, on the receipt clipboard, at your front desk – anywhere that a customer or client will see.
- 8”x11” One-Page Flyer: Participants in the past have included these in their company’s windows and in mailers to increase visibility.
Online Materials for Members:
Download these images (.jpg format) to market your business with the Chamber stamp of approval. These optional graphics can be used on any social media platform to market the social media hashtag contest and invite followers to participate.
Need a refresher on using hashtags (#) versus mentions (@)? Follow this link for a crash course!
Updated: Nonprofit-specific marketing materials in print and digital format.
New for 2019: One exclusive $1,500 grant for non-members who have participated in the Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) “Start-Up To Launch” will also be able to participate. As with the Chamber’s small businesses, these entrepreneurs and start-ups are encouraged to promote their organization with the same hashtag #ChamberSmallBiz! You'll find here, the digital and print resources available for "Start-Up to Launch" participants. If you are unsure if your business qualifies to participate as an SBAP “Start-Up To Launch” participant, please contact us.