Southwest Washington Contractors Association (SWCA)
Building AssociationConstructionAssociations - Community Organizations
Since 1946, we have championed a thriving construction industry in Southwest Washington.
On February 7, 1946, W.F. Heinrichs, Cecil Hearns, A.R. Nieman, J.T. Scott, Paul Barnes, C. C. White, C. Ed Rath, Larry O. Collins and Everett Hylen associated themselves for the purpose of forming a non-profit corporation to be known as the Vancouver Contractors Association, Inc.
By 1974, the area served by the association included not only Vancouver, but members from Longview, Camas, and Portland. The name was then changed to the Southwest Washington Contractors Association.
Since then, the association has provided the local building industry information about current projects, construction, trends, and expanding markets.