Position: Part-Time Development Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Summary: Provide significant administrative support to Development Director
Compensation: $15 /hour
This position is a part-time (20 hours wkly) position available through June 2019. Key tasks relate to the daily support of administrative tasks of the development department. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission of Habitat for Humanity and is excited about the opportunity to learn the critical administrative functions of a small nonprofit development program.
• Keep contact records up to date for email, mail and other communication lists. This includes adding and removing records, and analyzing contact data for specific communication efforts.
• Serve as a key assistant for events like the Habitat breakfast, Women Build Luncheon, Donor & Volunteer Appreciation and other outreach activities hosted
• General outreach assistance that includes reaching individuals via email, phone and mail
• Accompany Development Director on one-on-one meetings with sponsors, prospects and other donors when appropriate
• Support with personalized correspondence with donors via email, phone and mail (ex: thank you calls for donations)
• Visit the construction site for Group Builds and other key participants
• Mail merge finalization for solicitation mailings and other outreach mailings
• Coordinate mail stuffing with volunteers and deliver mailings to post office
Support for monthly giving program
• Contact donors to renew credit cards and upgrade monthly giving levels
• Solicit for credit card to EFT conversions
Support for Office Volunteers
• Assist with training and supervision for office volunteers and interns
• Send meeting reminders to committee members
• Assist in recruit for new committee members
Other tasks assigned by the Development Director as needed.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
• Professionalism dealing with phone calls, staff, and Board of Directors.
• Flexibility to perform a variety of tasks as work will vary day to day.
• Careful and accurate work habits.
• Experience with nonprofit administrative structure is a plus.
• Experience with phone communications
• Support and endorse the Habitat for Humanity mission
• Enjoy working with a wide variety of people
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while remaining flexible, calm and good-natured
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Previous database experience a plus
• Valid driver’s license and ability to run errands as necessary
Open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter Amy Lodholz – email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Evergreen Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political ideology, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, physical or mental handicap, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.