JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – (HR33 FY19)
Job Title: Center Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: M-F, 40hrs/wk Reports to: North Operations & Program Manager
Occasional Evening & Weekend Hrs
Location: Luepke Center (Vancouver, WA.) Annual Salary: $38,000.00
Meals on Wheels People
Meals on Wheels People enriches the lives of seniors and assists them in maintaining independence by providing nutritious food, human connections and social support. With the help of more than 5,500 volunteers, our nonprofit organization serves over 5,700 meals daily and more than 1.3 million meals each year across Multnomah, Washington, and Clark Counties. Meals on Wheels People is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, women and people living with disabilities in our workplace and programs.
Responsible for management of the day-to-day operation of the senior dining and Meals on Wheels programs. Recruitment, management and development of employees and volunteers, programming to increase multicultural participation and socialization opportunities for seniors and growth of community involvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage the safe and efficient preparation of senior dining and Meals on Wheels programs following all Meals on Wheels People, contract, local, state and federal regulations
- Achieve client satisfaction benchmarks of the Strategic Plan
- Plan and implement multicultural meals that generate interest and increased attendance in the meal program to achieve benchmarks of the Strategic Plan
- Ensure site operations remain within approved budget, monitoring inventory and expenses to meet budget allocations
- Responsible for recruitment, management, training and development of employees and volunteers
- Follow all guidelines to create and maintain a safe work environment for participants, volunteers and staff
- Recruit, screen, train, schedule and recognize volunteers
- Complete all required administrative tasks as assigned
- Develop and maintain effective community relations within assigned service area
- Have knowledge of, assist with planning of and participate in Meals on Wheels People annual agency wide events and fundraising initiatives
- Ensure Meals on Wheels People property and inventories are properly maintained and secured
- Participate in in-service training and attend required meetings
- Support mission, vision, values and strategic plan of Meals on Wheels People, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate certification or two years work experience in, Gerontology, Management, Social Work, Community Nutrition, or other related field preferred
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and transportation required
- Knowledge of food service procedures and current Food Handler’s Card
- Current ServSafe certification or ability to obtain one within 18 months of hire
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Minimum 2 year of experience in nutrition management or program management position
- Bilingual/Bicultural English/Spanish, Vietnamese, Russian, Asian or African languages strongly preferred
- Proven ability to effectively engage and manage a team of employees and volunteers
- Excellent organizational, record keeping, time management and multi-tasking skills including the ability to set priorities and be flexible to last-minute changes
- Skill and motivation to work with a multi-cultural and socially diverse populations with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations including aging, minority, low income and persons with disabilities
- Proven experience with budgets and fundraising and willing to work extended hours to support special activities and other deadlines.
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Fast paced, with significant people interaction. May be required to move up to 50lbs and occasional reaching, bending and stooping. Ability to operate general office equipment. Must pass pre-employment screening.
Please apply online at https://www.mowp.org/our-story/careers/