SCORE - So You Want a Bank Loan?
This SCORE seminar will walk you through the steps of how to prepare a commercial bank loan application. You’ll learn about resources and tools, often freely available, that will help you with the process and improve your chances to get both the loan and the terms you want.
Some takeaways from this seminar include:
- Understand how past credit history will impact a lending decision.
- How to calculate and articulate your specific lending need.
- Understand what bankers like to know about your business and learn beforehand if your company’s numbers will be “in the running” or not.
- A discussion of expected collateral requirements to support your loan request.
- Learn what alternatives to borrowing might exist and why borrowing might be the lowest cost form of additional capital for your business.
- Understand the role of the US Small Business Administration and how may they help you get the loan your business needs.
- You’ll learn about the variety of available “loan packages” that banks may choose from.
- Hear about the free, personalized mentoring services you can expect from local SCORE volunteers as you prepare a loan application.
This seminar is normally $35 per person but will be offered for free as it is being offered to our Business Community through the generosity of Cascade Park Community Library.
Additionally, each attendee may later personally meet with a SCORE mentor, without cost, to review your loan preparation or address other business questions you may have. To assure a superior educational experience, registration is limited to 40 attendees so please register early.