SCORE - Government Contracting 101
This course is designed to give small businesses an introduction to government contracting and what it takes to work with the government. You will walk away from this seminar able to assess if you are ready to take on selling to the government, and if not, you'll learn how to get there!
During this course you can expect to learn the following:
- · What is a small business?
- · Small Disadvantaged Business/8(a) Certification
- · Woman Owned & Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business Certification
- · Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Certification
- · Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business – Self Certification
- · How to get certified
- · Resources available to you
In addition you will be able to evaluate your business model as it pertains to government contracting.
Two experts, Joe Smetak with the SBA and Jeannet Santiago with Washington PTAC will serve as the course leaders.