Classification: Exempt Manager; 40 hours per week
Salary: TBD; based on education and experience
Supervisor: Executive Director
Contact/Apply to: Barbe West
4100 Plomondon St.
Vancouver, WA 98661
Application Materials: Cover letter, current resume & writing sample
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Insure ongoing maintenance of organization’s marketing and communication plan, including brand management.
- Produce and distribute newsletters, annual reports and special event materials (internal and external).
- Manage the design and update of the website (within the organization’s brand).
- Identify opportunities for news releases and prepare releases.
- Manage internal communications for staff and volunteers.
- Develop and produce marketing materials for events, including invitations, programs flyers,
8. Coordinate volunteer communication training for events.
9. Partner with staff to maintain clinic bulletin boards and ensure appropriate branding.
10. Interview patients and volunteers; maintain files on current and past patient and volunteer stories.
11. Facilitate outreach for potential new clients and current patients.
- Assist in research of potential grants and increase database of potential foundations to support Free Clinic funding needs.
- Draft grant applications in partnership with managers and executive director.
- Work with managers to meet report deadlines for acquired grants, including reminding managers of grant due dates and report templates; prepare standard content for grant reports.
- Research potential major donors and increase data base list of potential individual and
- Enter donation data into Raiser’s Edge System at least weekly.
- Reconcile donations documented in Raiser’s Edge database with accounting system monthly.
- Prepare packet of in kind donation documentation monthly and send to accountant.
- Provide monthly funding reports to Development Committee and others, as requested.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc funding reports.
- Write and disseminate donor thank you letters within one week of donation receipt.
- Work with the Friends of the Free Clinic volunteer group to plan and implement annual gala.
- Lead planning and implementation of spring breakfast event.
- Develop and produce marketing materials for events, including invitations, programs, flyers, news releases, etc., and follow up acknowledgements to donors.
- Maintain documentation for sponsorships, guests and other participants in events.
- Prepare ongoing event reports for management and board of directors.
Development Committee/Executive Director Support
- Support Development Committee. Take minutes and take appropriate follow-up actions after each meeting in partnership with executive director.
- Support Volunteer Advisory Committee. Work with chair to plan agendas. Take minutes and take follow-up action after each meeting in partnership with committee chair.
- Support executive director in fund development, event planning, marketing and public relations, grant programs and other areas as requested.
- PDF board of director packets and post on website.
- Back-up to Executive Director for vacations, etc.
- Supervise volunteer coordinator in administrative volunteer functions, including monthly data reporting.
- Provide leadership and direction for any volunteers in the communications program.
- Administer petty cash fund.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or other related field.
- Proven success and minimum of three years’ experience in grant writing, creative writing, newsletter/publication design, non-profit fundraising events, and written communications.
- Prefer experience in health care or related environment.
- Clark County resident preferred.
5. Knowledge of social marketing strategies.
7. Exceptional skills in organization, teamwork, verbal and written communication, diplomacy and attention to detail.
8. Self-starter with excellent follow-through and organizational skills.
9. Ability to manage multiple projects, with varying degrees of complexity, simultaneously.
10. Availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends & evenings.